Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 22:50:33 -0400
From:      "Chris Lynch" <lynch@cityisp.net>
To:        "FreeBSd Chat list" <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ide problem

evening,

I have an alpha machine w wide SCSI, anyways.. it has a 12 gig IDE drive
that
we want to dump all of the logs to. During the installation , everything
went fine, it found the IDE drive and it newfs' with not errors. Now, after
installation, as it mounts the partition, booting halts and I'm presented
with the good ol "Hit Enter for /bin/sh". I run an fsck and basically I get
"Device not configured". There is an entry in  /dev for /dev/ad0e. DO I need
to link the raw device to it? Or am I going crazy. I'll admit I am really
tired and my brain has cramped.

Thanks
Chris