Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:23:16 +0200
From:      Duke DOGG <duke99@email.ro>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD possibly damages fat32 partition !!!

Hi all,

   I have to partitions on my harddisk, 1 is for FreeBSD and the other is a
FAT32 for Win2k. The problem is that after working for FreeBSD with the
FAT32 partition for almost 2 months without problems (with multiple boots
in win2k) everything was ok. But today after mounting the FAT32 to get
something from there, the ls showed me between normal files some
"weird-characters" files (those kind of files that tells you that the
partition is messed up). I tried to boot win2k to make sure that its ok,
but it couldnt boot.
   I encountered the same problem some time ago (with FreeBSD 4.4) but I
thought it wasnt because of FreeBSD. Also, a friend of mine got his win2k
partition messed up some time after installing FreeBSD, and mounting it, of
course.
   Now, anyone encountered this problem? I've mounted the fat32 in the
usual way: /dev/ad0s1        /mnt/win        msdos   rw,noauto   0   0