Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2007 22:46:20 +0800
From:      Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com>
To:        Jonathan Horne <freebsd@dfwlp.com>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: not able to output anything to /dev/ttyv8?

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 09:31 -0500, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> Im not sure what your application may be, but my simple solution is
> just to
> 'tail -f /path/logfile'.  This way, I can see the output of my
> application
> from anywhere I am via ssh (not just the local tty).

Year, sure, right! I have been using your method for months! I start to
thinking of piping result to a tty because the box running this app is
not far away and I just think it's fun and looking nice to have it
poping up progress :) As you said, this is not very very necessary, it's
mostly for fun and a little bit easier for me

--
Zhang Weiwu
Real Softservice