Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 13:00:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24473: ports/www/galeon configure fails

The following reply was made to PR ports/24473; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:56:04 -0800

 Okay, so it _is_ printing a message about not finding Mozilla. I just
 didn't see it because I didn't know to scroll back that far. If my
 scrollback buffer weren't set as high as it is the information would've
 dropped into the bit bucket...

 checking for Mozilla... no
 configure: error:
         *** Mozilla 0.7 is required
         *** A package for 0.7 is available here:
         *** http://people.redhat.com/blizzard/software/.
 ===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
 This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
 running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

 [followed by roughly 400 lines of config.log]

 Mozilla 0.7 has been extracted and built in ports/www/mozilla
 automatically as part of the galeon dependancies. Just for good
 measure, I did a "make install" of mozilla (but didn't "make clean"; I
 don't want to have to wait for the build again). Mozilla 0.7 is running
 quite nicely (it feels 50-100% faster than what I've built from
 mozilla-cvs, probably due to a better choice of build options).
 Galeon's configure just doesn't seem to recognize it.