Date:      1 Apr 1996 08:22:54 -0700
From:      "Owen Newnan" <onewnan@uswest.com>
To:        "questions about FreeBSD" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   tcpdump and ix0

I genned up ix0 and bpf; ix0 works fine; and I MAKEDEVed some bpf devices --
but still get "not configured" messages for ix0.  Running throught the search
engine I came up against the following:

From: Gary Palmer

>2. I am unable to get the BPF to attach the interface to the Intel
>EtherExpress 16 (ix0). /var/log/messages shows attachs for lo0, sl0
>and tun0, but seems to skip ix0. Consequently, tcpdump complains
>about ix0.

The ix driver doesn't have bpf support AFAIR.

I'm guessing AFAIR is "as far as I can remember."  Is the above (still) the
case?

Thanks!