Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 16:24:22 +0200
From:      "Pascal Giannakakis" <capm@gmx.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Getting current througput from ppp

Hello,

what is the preferred way to get the throughput of a ppp-line? I have a
ISDN-connection which i use with userland ppp, and i want to hack a little
tachometer with java, which shows me the usage of my bandwidth. So what i
need, is something that delivers me the total bytes sent / revived since
start. I have found something, but i'm sure you guys can tell me a much
better way:

/usr/sbin/pppctl /tmp/bla show links