Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 01:45:39 -0800
From:      Glenn Lee Dicus <gdicus@nomadix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PC Card configuration

I am trying to install an EtherLink III 3C589C PC Card into a
microcontroller which has a 486 CPU core.  I have FreeBSD loaded and
running with the PAO package included as well.  However, I am trying to
find information on configuring the driver for the card.

The problem I am having is that I cannot get ep0 enabled.  Should I
enable it from userconfig or should the entry in pccard.conf suffice.
Either way, however, ep0 does not seem to be able to attach to the card
even though I boot up with the card in the socket.

By the way, socket insertion and removal is detected by the operating
system.

thanks

glenn dicus