Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 00:02:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portmaster -> FreeBSD Serial Console ...

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I've been searching, and not finding, settings to use on the port of a
> portmaster so that it will act as a proper serial console ... I swear I
> saved it the last time it went around the lists ... can someone please
> send me the settings?

I'm using a Portmaster 25 as a serial console for several FreeBSD boxes.
You can find a little bit of information here, including pin-outs for the
particular cables I have:

    http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/portmaster25/

robert@fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research