Date:      Mon, 16 May 2005 22:19:04 -0600
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 1.5 stability

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 04:37:26PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> How stable is JDK 1.5 on 5-stable? Is anyone using it in production?
> How about for development (Eclipse, NetBeans)?

FWIW, I am using it for development on 5.4/amd64.  Its behaving well for
me at the moment.  I don't use either Eclipse or Netbeans though.

I don't have much feedback on how well it works under heavy load in a
production environment other than it has a problem on FreeBSD 4.x (which
there is a patch for).  I believe there were some folks using it
successfully in production on 5.x/amd64, although there are a couple of
gotchas with the build on amd64 at the moment.

Just remember this is patchset 1, its bound to have a few rough edges.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org