Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:37:06 +0300
From:      Valery Zamarayev <qd@H8-gate.kiuca.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   crash in lastlog

what does the following mean:

# last -20

qd               ttyp0    qd               Wed  Apr 23:02 - crash  (01:13)

I experienced a crash last night. No strange log messages, no kernel
core dump (it because it wasn't cooonfigured to dump core - I've
already corrected this). The only thing I found is that 'crash '
in lastlog.

So, Under which circumstances does crash appear in lastlog ? If I
turn off the power, will it appear next time system boots ? Or is
it added only when kernel panics ?

--
Valery Zamarayev