Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 13:44:42 +0200
From:      Alexander Litvin <archer@lucky.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Giving up syncing disks

Hi, everybody!

On one of our boxes -- 2.2.5-STABLE, running squid web cache,
I observed such a thing: after "shutdown -h", it tries to
sync disks, and gives up, unable to do it. Consiquently,
when coming up it is forced to fsck, which is quite long,
because cache is located at 4G slice. It should be mentioned
that this big slice is mounted async and noatime (which proved
to make a drastic speed improvement).

What can I do to prevent such unclean shutdowns?

Any help/clue would be greatly appreciated.

--
Litvin Alexander