Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:24:42 -0500
From:      "JSMolinaro" <JSMolinaro@hotmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD" <questions@freeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   BOOT

I was hoping someone could help me.  I have a patitioned disc, with a dual
boot, running Windows 2000 professional on C: and Windows ME on D:

Whenever I start-up my system with the boot-up floppy disk or try to install
form CDROM, b/c my system BIOS supports it I get this on my screen.........

Searching for boot record form Floppy..ok
/boot.config: -P
keyboard: no

BTX loader 1.00 BTX version is 1.01
/

The slash is at the bottom of the screen and it just sits there blinking I
let it sit for about 40 minutes with nothing else happening.  Now what makes
this situation strange to me is that if I hit any key on the keyboard duning
this start-up process I get this then...

Searching for boot record from Floppy..ok
/boot.config:  -P
keyboard: no

>> FreeBSD/I386 BOOT
Default: 0:fd(0,a)/boot/loader
boot:

I can type anything I want after boot: on the bottom line, but I don't
understand why I get these two different messages and I have not figured out
what to do yet.

I'm sorry this is long but I've been having a bit of trouble geting this
started so far.  Thankyou for everyting.

J.S.M.