Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:10:07 +0100
From:      "D. Rock" <rock@cs.uni-sb.de>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>, skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS woes: getting worse?

I have similar experiences. I sometimes do a "make release" with an NFS
mounted chroot environment. My latest successful build is dated from
Dec 21. All of the later builds (starting Jan 6th) failed. The error
seems to be very deterministic though. I have at least a lot of garbage
in <chroot>/usr/include, with the usual 0-Bytes starting on page boundary
(but never the first page) up to the end of the file.

I looked at the cvs log, but the only NFS/vfs/vm change I discovered (I'm
using only NFSv2/UDP, so the one for NFSv3 on Solaris 7 doesn't apply)
were the removal of "waslocked" paramter on Jan 5th. I don't know if this
is related, though.

Daniel