Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 13:42:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic at kern/uipc_socket2.c

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Jun Kuriyama wrote:

>From: Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
>> 	You don't happen to have a backtrace?
>
>I don't have it.  When my box gives no reaction, I've hit some keys,
>keys, keys...and rebooted automatically.  At that time, I could not
>switch to VT1 from X with [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F1].
>
>> 	Was anything particular happening at the time of the crash? Do you
>>   have any way to not necessarily directly reproduce the panic but rather
>>   "force" it to happen (e.g. as a consequence of execution of something or,
>>   even as a result of some external "trigger")?
>
>I think I used XEmacs, Netscape Communicator and many console works
>with ssh'ed remote login.  I have no idea which one made this.
>

>Jun Kuriyama // kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
>            // kuriyama@FreeBSD.org

	Can you look at kern/10872 and see if your hardware matches Bob's?
  (e.g. The infamous fxp and ncr combo.) and regardless, attempt executing
  the script that is provided and note whether or not you can reproduce the
  panic in sbdrop()? If so, a backtrace and a `print *sb' would be helpful,
  certainly. It looks as though some mbufs are literally being `zapped' off
  of sb_mb while sb_cc and sb_mbcnt are still greater than zero. Either
  that, or something's not adjusting sb_cc and/or sb_mbcnt under the proper
  spl which may lead to an interrupt eventually leading to the sbdrop
  with an sb_cc and sb_mb that just don't go together.

--
 Bosko Milekic
 Email:  bmilekic@dsuper.net