Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 2000 15:38:30 -0600
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newsyslog for rotating APACHE logs

Hello all.

I'm still on the rotation files. I wanted to try newsyslog before going for
the scripts paths since seems could be simpler.
This is what I have on the newsyslog.conf file:

# logfilename           owner.group     mode count size time [ZB]
[/pid_file] [sig_num]
/var/log/maillog                        664  7     *    24    Z
/var/log/sendmail.st                    664  10    *    168   B
/usr/home/sites/logsite01txt            664  9     *    1503  B

since I wanted that the file rotated at the 15:03 hours.

On the contrab file I have this:

#
#minute hour    mday    month   wday    who     command
04      15       *       *       *       root    newsyslog
05      15       *       *       *       root    killall -HUP httpd

But it is not working. I checked the permission and that's not the problem.

Any suggestions, comments or ideas?.

Thanks in advance,

JB