Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:09:02 -0400
From:      "Miroslav Pendev" <pendev@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.4 with  P4 (i850, i845)

Hi guys,

I need more info about how
stable is FreeBSD 4.4 RELEASE on i850 or i845 chipsets.

I am still concerned about whether or not to go with P4 or
to use *the plain old* PIII (FCPGA2 - tualatin) for
database (MySQL), Apache, PHP - server.
We already have FreeBSD 4.3 as firewall that is working
even without reboot for few months ;-) (PIII, i440 BX)

Any comments about i850 or i845 chipsets with
FreeBSD 4.4?

I am pretty sure that it will be OK but ...

I will kindly appreciate more opinions ;-)

Miro

IT Administrator
VisualSonics
Toronto, Canada

Please note: I am subscribed to the mail list. I am using
hotmail because of limitations of the mailserver's settings ;-)