Date:      Wed,  6 Dec 2000 09:49:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        postmaster@freebie.demon.nl
Cc:        wkb@freebie.demon.nl, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lynx test / 2nd attempt

OK, Lynx take three:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gallatin/kern.flp
md5 /tmp/kern.flp
MD5 (/tmp/kern.flp) = 4b2476bc8430d8475ad1154b5d55e22d

This time I think we're getting somewhere.  The PC the SRM console
gave you when you halted the machine shows the machine is in the
middle of dispatching an interrupt.

So it looks like simply not EOI'ing an interrupt source is not enough
to prevent further interrupts from that same source on lynx (like it
is on sable).  So the new kernel will disable an interrupt source at
the chipset level when it comes in.  Maybe this will work.  You'll see
100 interupts worth of "enabling irq #" and "disabling irq #"

If it doesn't work, please ask the SRM console what the RA is when you
halt the machine (">>>e ra"  should do it).

You needn't bother with a verbose boot; none of my debugging info is
hidden behind bootverbose.

Thanks!

Drew