Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:28:10 +0800
From:      leafy <leafy@leafy.idv.tw>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux compat broken??

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 11:20:37PM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> Those initial steps for installing went OK, but my attempts to
> install jdk14 (freebsd-native java) do hang.  It seems that they
> hang when executing the command:
>   /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.1/bin/java -version
>
> On my system (freebsd-current from Tuesday), that prints out some
> version-info and then hangs.  My friends who have a working-java
> tell me that for them it prints out the version-info and then
> returns to a shell prompt.
>
> I also notice that if I 'ktrace' the above command, it will often
> (but not always) work right for me, too.
It is also interesting to note that the first time I run
/usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.1/bin/java -version (as root), it does not return
to the shell prompt. So I tried
ktrace <previous_command> and it works.
All subsequent execution with or without ktrace returns to the shell prompt
successfully. World is .5 hour old.

Jiawei

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
                                     --inspired by The Tao of Programming