Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:05:08 -0600
From:      Michael Hobgood <mhobgood@inet-direct.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PCI Modem support under 4.0-RELEASE

Hello,
    Are PCI modems supported under FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE?
I tried using 3.4-RELEASE after buying it from Walnut Creek
but could not get my PCI modem to work.  From what I could
gather, PCI modems were not supported yet. (And yes, I'm
talking about real modems not Winmodems).  I'll spring for
another copy of FreeBSD if it will support PCI modems.  Just
for info, I have an ActionTec PCI modem that works great
under Linux.
Cordially,
Michael Hobgood