Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:42:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      jason wray <sonic_jtx@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing

Hello, I am Jason.  I am wanting to install over ftp,
but am having difficulty.  The problem is, basically,
that it won't let me.  I am wanting to use a PPP but
when you select it(PPP) from the list of two or three
other options, it says /dev/cuaa0 out beside it.  That
is the port it thinks my modem is on right?  well, my
modem is on port2....which would be cuaa1 I beleive..
what can I do to fix this?  Is there a way to set it
to look at /dev/cuaa1?  is there a step by step guide
to installing over ftp?  it's confusing me very much.
One part I do not understand is that after giving the
login and all for the isp and other info, it brings up
a screen in which you have to enter commands to talk
to the modem...that part lost me completely.  It says
to type "term" to dail I beleive then you are suppose
to go back to the other screen once connected and
enter ok.  after I hit ok though it tells me it had
problems working.  Any help would do me some good.
Oh, and on the part I was telling that the modem is on
port 2, is there a way to move it to port 1
(/dev/cuaa0)..  thank you
                                   jason(s0n1c)