Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:34:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        H <hans@lambermont.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Imwheel problems++

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, H wrote:

> I read most of the imwheel posts on -questions, but I still have a
> problem with it.
>
> Here's my situation:
>
> I use 'moused -z 4 -p /dev/psm0 -t auto', moused  does see the wheel
> actions (I know because I hacked it so that it prints +1 and -1 when I
> move the wheel). I tried this with both a Logitech S48 wheelmouse and a
> Microsoft Intellimouse. So far so good.
>
> I run XFree86-4.1.0_7 from ports on 4.4-STABLE with the following
> section in my XF86Config:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier  "Mouse1"
>     Driver      "mouse"
>     Option      "Protocol"      "Auto"
>     Option      "Device"        "/dev/sysmouse"
>     Option      "Buttons"       "5"
>     Option      "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
> EndSection

I use:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse0"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "Protocol" "auto"
    Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
    Option "Buttons"     "5"
EndSection

under 4.1.0_6 and it works fine.  That is, with imwheel running, I am able
to scroll in applications like Netscape, vi, etc.

I know there were some mouse security fixes in 4.1.0_7.  I'm not sure what
effect they may have on imwheel though.

Joe