Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:13:24 +0400 (MSK)
From:      Kluchnikov Grigory <grn@ispras.ru>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, thingsarebroken@yahoo.ca
Subject:   Re: sendmail is complaining that mqueue doesn't exist

Hi,

I tried to do same things on my host and tried to send mail.
It works OK!
Try to see permissions on your new mqueue dir and
to check that symlink to it is correct.

Grigory.

> Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:06:08 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Dan Lazin <thingsarebroken@yahoo.ca>
> Subject: sendmail is complaining that mqueue doesn't exist
> To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG

> I did a dumb thing: I ran out of space on /var because
> of a large message sitting in /var/spool/mqueue, so I
> moved the contents of that directory over to
> /usr/mqueue, and symlinked /var/spool/mqueue over to
> that location. Then sendmail started complaining every
> time I tried to send a message. It says '451
> queuename: Cannot create "qfBAA00619" in
> "/var/spool/mqueue" (euid=0): No such file or
> directory'
>
> Fine. So I deleted my symlink and built a new, empty
> regular directory at /var/spool/mqueue. Same error. I
> can't send mail, and it's making me sad. The mailq
> command works, however (now that I've moved the queued
> messages back into /var/spool/mqueue).
>
> ls -l in /var/spool/ gives:
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root  daemon  512 Apr 20 02:02 mqueue
>
> So why is it saying that mqueue doesn't exist? It
> still has a bunch of queued messages in it, and mailq
> finds them, so what's the problem?
>
> I don't like having to use this yahoo account while my
> server is broken. Please help.
>
> Dan Lazin

Best regards,
Grigory Klyuchnikov
Institute for System Programming Russian Academy of Sciences,
109004, Moscow, Russia, B.Kommunistitcheskay, 25,
  phone(work):   +7-095-9125659
  fax:           +7-095-9121524
  e-mail:        <grn@ispras.ru>