Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:06:52 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        allen campbell <allenc@verinet.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Andreessen: Linux use growing

People that develop for Linux rarely take standards into account,
besides POSIX was not a priority in the Linux camp until recently. SCO
is IMHO the only standard platform.

SCO (OpenServer) WAS sunk by Linux, the Free OpenServer came too late.
The new Unixware may survive, but it's a different market..the type of
market FreeBSD wants.

In short: stop looking at the Linux kernel as the lifesaver; it's part
of the problem, and remember Linux is not UNIX and it's not even an OS.

	Pedro.