Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 03:18:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        rcima@global-image.com (Rob Cima)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd and Majordomo out of memory error

Rob Cima wrote:

> I'm running FreeBSD 2.0.5, majordomo 1.93 and perl 5.001m. I get out of
> memory errors whenever a message gets sent to majordomo, and the majordomo
> process just sits until it is killed. The majordomo FAQ mentions something
> about some OS's versions of perl having eval problems. Is that the case
> here? Do I need to go back to a version 4-ish of perl? Any suggestions?

	we are using FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE, majordomo-1.92 and perl-4.036.

	ther is a memory leak in eval statements in perl, but i suffer
	from that as well, and it does not stop us ;)

	check your wrapper configuration.   i got bit by your problem once
	but it was a long time ago and i do not remember the cause ;(