Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:34:43 -0300
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Slightly OT: Sendmail & Virtual Domains

>> Hello,
>> I'm currently trying to setup my virtual domains in sendmail.
>
>Well, you can find a detailed responce of mine about this very topic,
>written about a week ago, in the archives :-)

Found it:) I have a few questions, I don't know if you or anyone can answer
them.
To install a virtual domain called hell.gr to a machine today, I took
the following steps:

>0. Set up the DNS server to point the primary MX record to the machine,
>   and the secondary MX record to some other machine.

Done.

>1. Add FEATURE(`virtusertable', `-o /etc/mail/virtusertable') to my
>   master-config file, and regenerate my sendmail.cf file.
>
>	% cd ~/sendmail
>	% vi gray.mc
>	[ add FEATURE(`virtusertable', `-o /etc/mail/virtusertable') ]
>	% make gray.cf
>	[ ./Makefile takes care of generating gray.cf from gray.mc ]

Hmm, this is where the problem starts, I have an installation of sendmail
which was included when I did my initial install of FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE.  In
/etc/mail I have my sendmail.cf, however I have no mc file that I can find.
In /usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/ I have MANY .mc files, however, they all
appear to be linked to an OS, ie ucbvax.ms, generic-bsd4.4.mc, etc...
However none that appears to correspond directly to FreeBSD, I know FreeBSD
is based on 4.4 BSD by glancing at my Walnut Creek CDs, but is this
appropriate to use?

>2. Copy my new configuration to /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
Shouldn't Be a Problem:)

>3. Add "hell.gr" to the /etc/mail/sendmail.cw file.
I don't have a .cw file? Is there a specific format or algorithm to create
one I should follow?

The rest of the steps shouldn't be a problem either (I guess I'll find out
when I get to them, but these are really throwing me for a loop:) Thanks.
- Matt Rudderham