Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:04:35 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: databases/gnomedb fails on config

On 6 Dec 2001 at 17:37, Joe Clarke wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Dan Langille wrote:

> > > Any time, Dan.  Your site has been an invaluable resource to me over
> > > the years.  I don't visit as much nowadays, but when I was thrust into
> > > a sysadmin role a few years back I have no doubt that it would have
> > > taken me much longer to get things up and running without it.
> > >
> > > Thank YOU!
> >
> > Heh, good.  Glad it's helped.  That's what it's supposed to do
> >
> > Now, about gal, it's a different problem, file not existing.  No idea
> > why not.  Perhaps it's another port which needs to be upgraded first.
> > If so, I'm wondering why it's not detecting that.
>
> Yeah, this is something I hit, too.  The answer is a complete upgrade of
> all gnome components.  I love portupgrade, and I find portupgrade -r ORBit
> is great for upgrading gnome.  OF course, if you're gnome bits are really
> out of date, you may need to do a portupgrade -r -f ORBit to get things
> back in sync.

FWIW: a /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade -r ORBit failed on gal with the same
problem as my prior post.  So I tried the portupgrade -r -f ORBit which
seemed to accomplish quite a bit but failed on:

** The following packages were not installed or upgraded (-:skipped /
!:failed)
        ! x11/gnomecore (gnomecore-1.4.0.2)     (install error)

I'll try that later.  Thank you.
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples