Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 01:30:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Huff <rhuff@cybercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   p-II 400 + 2.2.7 = panic??

	On account of a fried motherboard I just upgraded to a ASUS P2B
and a Pentium II 400 mhz.
	When I boot FreeBSD, I get a kernel panic (and subsequent reboot)
when it tries to probe the CPU. The formal complaint is something
about "unknown CPU class".
	The current kernel is custom, congifured to run on the old CPU (a
Cyrix P-166),  I was under the impression it shouldn't have trouble
being bumped to a Pentium - am I wrong?
	Anybody got any clues?  Or am I going to have to load a GENERIC
kernel and re-compile?

				Robert Huff