Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:52:19 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Huang wen hui <hwh@gddsn.org.cn>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: java/61392: javaws from jdk-1.4.2p6 SEGV on startup

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:20:28AM +0800, Huang wen hui wrote:

> create /etc/.java/.deployment/deployment.properties and
> ~user/.java/.deployment/deployment.properties manually
> can fix this problem.

Hmmm... well I can report that creating
~/.java/.deployment/deployment.properties (just as an empty file)
certainly does avoid the crash.  However, it cannot be acceptable for
an application to dump core simply because one of the machine
generated configuration files it wants is not present.

Interesting.  I had an earlier version of javaws (1.20_01 (build b01))
running, which used ~/.java/deployment/deployment.properties -- seems
that the new version has picked up all of my settings from there.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way