Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 13:43:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Formatting FreeBSD Floppies.

I am wanting to format a floppy as a FreeBSD partition and make it
bootable.  I have looked into 'fdformat' but the floppies that I have
formatted, I cant seem to mount them.  It still thinks they are DOS disks
I think.  At least it says that they have DOS boot blocks.

It keeps giving me Incorrect super blocks.  This is using 2.2.5-RELEASE
(or near there)

So how do I make a bootable FreeBSD Floppy disk?  Do I have to create a
floppy image and use 'dd'?  I hope not.

Christopher J. Coleman (whyareyou@lookingforme.com)
Computer Support Analyst I  (509)-762-6341
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://www.vmunix.com/fbsd-book/