Date:      Thu, 11 May 1995 16:23:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      YING KEVIN <l3pqc@qcunix.acc.qc.edu>
To:        bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   1st install boot hangs

Dear FreeBSD experts!

I newly bought a pentium 90 with 1GB SCSI HD for freeBSD.  I tried to
install FreeBSD 2.0 with Walnut CD distribution.  Installation boot
hangs before the initial welcome screen shows.  Could you help me out
here?!

Kevin

error message is as following:

boot FreeBSD from boot disk:
pci0: scanning device 0..31, mechanism=1
pci0:0: INTEL CORPORATION, device=0x122d, class=bridge [not supported]
pci0:7: INTEL CORPORATION, device=0x122e, class=bridge [not supported]
graphics0 <display device> on pci0:18
changing root device to fd0c
...........(/*it hangs right here*/)

/*After Ctrl+Alt+Del was hit*/
fault virtual address	= 0x29
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8: 0xf010e491
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, 10PL=0
current process		= 0 ()
interrupt mask		= net tty
panic: page fault
hit reset please.