Date:      Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:34:05 -0800
From:      "Ron Smith" <ronnetron@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup refuse file

I'm trying to set up a "refuse" file so that I *don't* get certain files
that I don't need. However, when following the instructions in the FreeBSD
FAQs, I'm unable to get this to work. There must be something I'm missing.
Here are the details:

I'm sending the download to '/usr/tmp/dest' until I get everything
straightened out.

/usr/local/bin/cvsup -v
CVSup client, GUI version
Software version: SNAP_16_1e
Protocol version: 17.0

more /root/bin/supfile
*default tag=RELENG_4
*default host=cvsup7.freebsd.org
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
src-all
ports-all tag=.
doc-all tag=.

more /usr/tmp/dest/usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/refuse/refuse
ports/chinese
ports/french
ports/german
ports/japanese
ports/korean
ports/russian
ports/ukrainian
ports/vietnamese
doc/de_DE.IS08859-1
doc/es_ES.IS08859-1
doc/fr_FR.IS08859-1
doc/it_IT.IS08859-1
doc/ja_JP.eucJP
doc/nl_NL.IS08859-1
doc/ru_RU.K018-R
doc/sr_YU.IS08859-2

I'm using the following command to kick everything off:
/usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 /root/bin/supfile /usr/tmp/dest

Both the supfile and the refuse file are executable (I'm not sure if the
refuse file needs to be).

Everything works fine, except that I'm getting the files I don't want. What
am I missing??

Ron Smith
ronnetron@hotmail.com