Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:45:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Darren Henderson <darren@bmv.state.me.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nrsa0 v nsa0

What is the functional difference between these devices? "man 4 sa" (under
4.2-stable) indeicates nsa0 is the "no rewind on close" name for the device
but I've found it to be essentially "broken" when used with dump. ie

"dump 0uaf /dev/nsa0 /" always dies near the end while
"dump 0uaf /dev/nrsa0 /" functions as expected.

nrsa0 isn't mentioned in the man page but can be found mentioned on the
mailing lists and on a few web sites.

(this is with an HP SureStore 6000 4mm dat though I'm not sure thats at
issue here, my backups are funtional using nrsa0/rsa0, I'm mainly curious
as to the difference)