Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 09:37:12 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Teemu Kuusijarvi <k20418@kyyppari.hkkk.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        tpk@iki.fi
Subject:   Email config problem

Hello,

we have FreeBSD based firewall and server here at work. The server is our
mailhost. Our email comes in and goes out without a problem when using
addresses like:

login-id@mailhost.domain.name or
firstname.lastname@mailhost.domain.name

but how can I make these addresses work:

login-id@domain.name
firstname.lastname@domain.name

Other machines are WinNT workstations connecting via imapd, ipop3d or ipop2d.
No problems there.

I have spent a week now reading about DNS, sendmail.* aliases etc. but I'm
hopelessly stuck. If some kind soul has any information about this, please
help me!

  Teemu Kuusijarvi      http://www.iki.fi/tpk/
                        email tpk@iki.fi