Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 17:37:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why we should support Microsoft...

> Kevin,
>
> Your correct, I am not exhibiting a high degree of professionalism with my
> terse remarks.  However, I am a graduate Economist who has studied corporate
> monopolistic practices, and have very little sympathy for any organization that
> engages in competitive practices such as those practiced by Microsoft.  When
> any organization obtains control of over 90% of the desktop OS, and panders
> inferior server platforms strictly through marketing muscle and other preditory
> practices to the detrtement of superior products I will have a problem with
> them.

I have no love lost for MS either; I just feel this is not the correct
action by the gov't. We need to get to the root, which this attempt
blatantly misses.

> Sorry to take it out on you but, nothing personal.  Anyone with the most
> elementary knowledge of Economics will see through your arguments.  Sorry, but
> I also don't have the time to teach micro economics 101 right now.
As long as it is directed at my philosophy and not me as in individual,
not harm done. I am always up for a good fight; I just don't like being
called a troll because I hold a different opinion. As I alluded to, I
fully expected severe criticism. I am not offended, and I do appreciate
that consideration.

> However, I may wish to talk to you about purchasing some computer hardware at
> very competitive prices.  That's for serious, and that's econ 101.

Let me know what I can do. I am happy to be of any assistance. Hardware is
much more my forte' than economics! :)

Take Care,
Kevin