Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:29:43 -0700
From:      "S.F." <synfin@ameritech.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Internal compiler error

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:25:18 -0700, S.F. wrote:
>
> >Hello everyone,
> >You are probably tired of this common question...
> >Whenever I try to compile a huge program,
> >I receie Internal compiler error 11
> >
> >cc:Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_int.
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc.
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >Stop in /usr/src.
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >/kernel: pid 25824 (cc1), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> >
> >I use gcc 2.95.3
> >
> >I am running FreeBSD 4.4  500Mhz AMD-K6 processor and 256MB of RAM
> >I suspect it's a fault of processor, but it could be some other device,
that
> >cause an error.
> >Does anyone know any workaround about that? How it's possible to fix it?
> >Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone for all of your support,
The problem is resolved now.
If anyone interested, in my case it was resolved by adjusting Frequency
Ratio Setting of processor from 5x to 4x, by changing jumper settings on
motherboard. Now everything compiles without any problems, and I haven't
noticed any downgrade in performance.

Once again, thank you everyone !
S.F.