Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 01:02:42 +0100
From:      Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: STOP THE BLOODY CROSS POSTING!

On Tue, Jul 14, 1998 at 11:43:24PM -0400, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
> If something happens to belong in -multimedia, -mobile, and
> -current (and poster's opinion had damn better agree with the
> opinion of the list charters on this), then it should be posted
> to all three.

In the hopefully rare cases of this being necessary, I'd suggest that
the poster sends the message separately to each of the lists involved,
which should cut down the multiple copies of replies. The downside is
that it will also fragment discussion.

I recall that jmb (I think) has already mentioned a cross-posting limit
of 2 lists. Reducing it to 1 (perhaps with the exception of a very small
and select group of posters) would enforce this.

--
Adrian Wontroba, Stade Computers Limited.       phone:  (+44) 121 681 6677
Mail info@accu.org for information about the Association of C and C++ Users