Date:      Mon, 24 May 2004 03:20:05 +0900
From:      Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>
To:        acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FYI: S3 resume almost works

	I tested S3 suspend/resume on 5-current(2004-05-20) of my notePC.
	And I was watching on ping/ssh/dconschat/X terminal.

# Sharp PC-MT2-F1 (Mobile PentiumIII 1GHz - i830MG)

	1. resume is already ok.
	2. suspend is almost works.
	   a. X is bad.  In xdm, I can suspend.  If Xapp is running, suspend
	      is not work.  I didn't test with console (no X).
	   b. dcons_crom cannot use.  notePC connects to network with if_fwe.
	      ping is ok, so firewire is ok.  Maybe dcons_crom is not re-init
	      on resume.  I did fwcontrol -r, so I can re-use dcons_crom.
	   c. pcm is set 22050Hz fixed.  I can play sound, but hear twice
	      tiems high speed sound:-).
	   But, I can connect with ssh and can use some commands.

	3. special parameter
	   In my environment, I can use these parameter.

	$ sysctl hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch  hw.acpi.reset_video
	hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch: 1
	hw.acpi.reset_video: 0

	   Another parameter(e.g. reset_video=1) doesn't work.