Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 20:06:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      dlr <dlr@asylum.org>
To:        maher@azstarnet.com (maher katbah)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: internet host

|can any body tell me where can I get the addresses or the phone number for
|the internet service provider . and how much the cost for those differant
|connections and what is the best way to go with, if I want to be an ISP for
|200 users

1-800-get-clue

no seriously...couldn't resist.

first you will need to do some research. in your community you will need
to find out what co's provide service. good resource is chamber of
commerce and yellow pages. call the co and find out what different levels
of service they provide. if you don't know what level of service you want
then get the most basic, inexpensive that they offer and tell them if it
is good and works out you will upgrade.

Level of support is also very important if you are just beginning. it
costs more but is worth it.

if there are several co's in your area call them up and compare. if you
don't have any clue at all as to what kind of service you want then you
need to get a basic book on internet service and read it. Don't even
consider being an ISP until you've been on the net for an extended
period of time and have considerable sysadm experience.

dave