Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:58:10 +0000
From:      Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Free email service usage on this list (Was: KDE Admin for FreeBSD?!)

Hi,

Hello,

** Off the topic I

** I suggest people stop using free hotmail services like Yahoo,
** Hotmail,email.com, start.com.au, lycos etc.

Why?

** Hotmail /yahoo mail is for people having idol chit chat with each other.
For
** serious work you should use your ISP's free email account.
** like yourusername@yourisp.com

I do not agree with this.  If people wish to not use their
private addresses as possible SPAM targets, then using free
email services is ideal.  I would use one of these if our
www proxy didnt strip everything useful.  My boss, who is
currently in the US (from the UK) on company business,
relies on hotmail etc because it can be accessed from
anywhere worldwide.  How about people who are on the move
all day? - a normal account is impractical.

Basically I think your argument is unfounded and unfair.

Chris Smith              IS Dept - Raytheon Systems Limited
[chris.smith@raytheon.co.uk]               +44 1279 407 103