Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2003 13:55:23 -0500
From:      Duane Winner <duanewinner@att.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ibm thinkpad t23 -- freebsd 4.9

Does anybody have success stories and/or notes for getting FreeBSD 4.9
(stable) working on a T23 with all the hardware?

I'm at the early stages of exploring the idea of using FreeBSD for both
myself and a few others in my department.

So far, I've had success with X, KDE and ethernet.

But I'm running into problems with sound (CS4299/AC97) and power
management.

Haven't even gotten to the modem (LucentWinmodem) yet.

I've recompiled the kernel twice now with 'device pcm', and the kernel
seizes when I do this.

Any pointers, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
duanewinner@att.net