Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:52:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Darren Henderson <darren@bmv.state.me.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mixxed scsi/ide hd system

This is probably a silly one but...

I have a system that currently has a 2GB scsi drive, I would like to add
some cheap extra space. Should I expect problems if I add a 20 or 30GB IDE
drive to the system?

I still want to boot from the scsi. As long as I don't create a bootable
partition on the IDE am I set or do I have to do something to explicitly
keep booting off the scsi? Is the fact that the scsi controller knows that
the drive is bootable sufficient to get past the motherboard's bios?

As I say, probably a silly question here, but there are some nuances I'm not
sure of in the boot process.