Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 17:15:14 -0600
From:      Peter Johnson <locke@mcs.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help!  Recovering from a ELF kernel moveover that didn't work!!

I decided to move to an ELF kernel today--mistake, as it turns out:

I compiled the kernel as ELF and installed as /kernel.elf, then manually
did a "/boot/loader" at the boot: prompt, aborted the kernel boot, and
typed "boot kernel.elf".  That worked perfectly, booting fine with no errors.

Then I did the following: "disklabel -B -b /boot/boot1 -s /boot/boot2 da0a"
(da0a is my / slice).

Now my system just reboots when I try to boot FreeBSD..

note: I'm booting from the Windows NT boot manager.. do I need to update
the boot sector NT keeps in order for this to work?

How can I reverse the disklabel command without being able to boot into
FreeBSD? Should I grab a bootdisk?

Help!! :)

Thanks,
Pete Johnson