Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:54:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      borg <bsd_mailing@yahoo.com>
To:        Volker Kindermann <ml@ps102.de>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions." <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: postfix chrooting.

--- Volker Kindermann <ml@ps102.de> wrote:

> > My question is, how to proceed after that ? What
> do I
> > have to do to create the chroot environment. And
> what
> > option I should enclude in the main.cf to make
> postfix
> > start chrooted.
>
> look at master.cf. There you can determine, which
> postfix service runs chrooted (not all of them will
> run chrooted).
>
> You don't have to change main.cf for chrooted
> operation.
>
>  -volker

master.cf says to look at examples/chroot-setup and
there is a freebsd specific file. That's exactly what
I posted ealier.
umask 022
mkdir /var/spool/postfix/etc
chmod 755 /var/spool/postfix/etc
cd /etc ; cp host.conf localtime services \
resolv.conf /var/spool/postfix/etc

It only prepair the directory for you with the needed
files. But you didn't answer how can the chrooting be
done after that, and how can I check if Postfix is
chrooted when doing so.

please provide more details/steps.

regards,

=====