Date:      Tue,  6 Nov 2001 13:10:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      mw@lanfear.com
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:good printer & digital camera under FreeBSD?

    I have a sony Cybershot 505 Camera, and have no troubles with the
vfs support under FreeBSD.  Sure beats trying to find the right drivers
for WinXXXX all the dang time :-)

    As for printers, I must confess to recently being blown away.  We
have an HP 970Cse, which is a full duplexing Colour InkJet printer that
costs 250$ USD here, and had always kept an NT machine around to have
printing for it.

    Recently, out of curiosity, I fiddled around with GhostScript under
SuSE linux, and found that this printer is not only 'supported', but
works really darn well.   I have full duplexing and 600dpi colour
printing out of it.  Absolutely fantastic.   Just have to move it over
to FreeBSD (which runs GhostScript just fine) and all will be well.
how cool is that?

    mark.