Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:53:02 -0500
From:      "Robert Myers" <ccrider@whiterose.net>
To:        "'MARSH MAC'" <marshmac@hotmail.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: xserver

> i'm having problems entering the graphical part of this program.
> i tried xinit and got an error message.
>
> is it possible you can tell me what i'm doing wrong?
>
> was this part of the program suppose to be installed or is it
> automatically
> installed?

Marsh,

	Could your provide more specific error messages along with your hardware
config?
You should also take a look at http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/x.html

	Did you try running the xf86config tool?  And did you try the startx
command instead of
xinit?

	Try some of these out, and see how you make out, but when you post back
please
include some more details. :)

Good luck.
Robert Myers