Date:      Mon, 10 Oct 2016 20:54:50 -0700
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Dewayne Geraghty <dewaynegeraghty@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports-list freebsd <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Eliminate the use of gettext

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Dewayne Geraghty <dewaynegeraghty@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I would like to reduce (eliminate) the prevalence of GPLv3 code in the
> applications that we build.
>
> How can we eliminate the use of gettext-runtime in, for example, heimdal
> which is widely used?
>
> We use English only, so internationalisation isn't a concern and the
> inclusion of gettext-runtime means that we're introducing GPLv3 code into
> applications that are BSD licenced.
>
> *Regards.*

I will not be able to supply a link to you now , but from searches in
Github ( many ten thousand repositories ) and / or Internet , my
understanding is that there are such software that can be used instead of
gettext .

If you search the following phrase in Google :

permissive licensed software instead of gettext

you will see that there will be many links about this issue .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk