Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 01:00:35 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Terminator" <jimmy@mtc.dhs.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: NIC memory corrupt

this is often due to some other adapter card in the system that has
option rom or ram that's stomping on the shared memory allocated by
your adapter card.

For example you might have a SCSI card that has bios at c800 and your
system boots off this, but once the system is up this BIOS is unused.
Later on when the kernel is loading your card on ed allocated c800
for it's shared ram and now you got 2 devices fighting over the same
memory location.

I've also seen this happen with bad cabling too.

Either way this is a problem that you need to look at.  what ethernet card
are you using?