Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 15:51:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rudy Gireyev <rgireyev@yahoo.com>
To:        "Alfred R. Collins" <collinar@aramco.com.sa>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot BSD from floppy.

Went to the questions archive looked up the word boot
here is the reply:

 "In principle you can boot a floppy (like the installation floppy) and
  give it the location of the kernel at the boot: prompt. The syntax
  depends on the version of FreeBSD, but should be something like
  wd(1,a)/kernel
  I'm not sure about the syntax, but it gives a small example when it
  presents the prompt..."

 - Brought to you by Mr. Nadav Eiron and the mailing list search
engine :-)

Rudy