Date:      Tue, 06 Nov 2001 16:15:01 -0500
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   login.access borked???

/etc/login.access doesn't seem to be working as expected.  I've tried
to restrict logins using all the different values in the origin field
that I can think of, but the only one that works as expected is if I
use ALL.  If I have this line...

-:dfrazier:ALL

...I am prevented from logging into the server as dfrazier from my
workstation, but if I use this line...

-:dfrazier:216.155.24.136

...I can log in even though that is my workstation's ip.  Is anyone
successfully using login.access to restrict logins to specific login
id's?

Daniel Frazier  <dfrazier@magpage.com>   Tel:  302-239-5900 Ext. 231
Systems Administrator                    Fax:  302-239-3909
MAGPAGE, We Power the Internet           WWW:  http://www.magpage.com/

         - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.