Date:      Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:02:02 -0500
From:      Jon Myers <myersjw@alfredstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sio1 reserved?

Is there any way to get at sio1?  upon bootup, I always get "sio1: reserved
for low-level i/o".  What is telling it to be reserved?  sio0 suddenly
stopped working for no apparent reason.  I can send data out, but cannot
get anything back in (using tip on two machines to test it.  data can only
go one way).  I had been using this port for a few weeks, and now,
suddenly, it wont read in.  Could be a bad cable, but it took me quite a
while to find the MMJ and adapter that I'm using now.  finding another is
almost out of the question.  sio1 is a standard 9 pin serial port (or so it
physically looks like anyway)

Any ideas/suggestions?  Alpha 800.. 5/333  4.8-PRERELEASE  (umm.. I thought
I was running -STABLE?  tag=RELENG_4)

- - -   Jon Myers